Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Saturday to Remeber

Even though the hedgehog plan fell through, we still had fun. Here are a few pics from our day.
Leaving for Salt Lake City, bright and early, sacrificing hours of sleeping-in.
I know that you can't read the bigger sign on the right, but I know that you can see the "SPEED LIMIT 80" sign. This was part of the Speed Limit Test Section. Layne was pretty stoked. And I thought I had the lead foot. :0)
Silly Layne posing in one of his favorite chairs at IKEA...one day, whether I like it or not, one of these chairs will be sitting somewhere in my house.

After a long day driving and a small IKEA lunch, we were both STARVING when we got home, so we went out for a little sushi. Since I had been taking pictures all day, I figured why not now? Mao-Mao is the sushi chef at Ninja's- he made his own specialty roll (not on the menu) just for Layne. I had a bite and it was delicious!

Three rolls of sushi later, when our bellies were to the point of bursting, we spent some fun times at Andy and Jen's with Porter. Dancing. Here is Uncle Layne clapping to the music as Porter does a jig...

He's got some serious moves. I think this was the chicken flap.

And lastly, after an afternoon filled with sadness, how could I not leave for home happy when I got to snuggle and love this little girl! I love baby Nora! She is adorable and always lights up my day.

2 comments:

Nilda Noel said...

He actually looks like he's doing the jig in the picture...very cute.

Jen said...

We were sad about the hedgie too. We were looking forward to welcoming Burt even littler than Nora into the fam. Speaking of which, she loves her Aunt Crystal just as much. Thanks to both you and Layne for being so great. Our kids adore you and I suspect they always will.