Valentine's Day (in my opinion) is a day to be shared with the one(s) that you love. Unfortunately for me, the one that I love has been out of town for the past 3 days and won't return until late tonight. So here are some pictures of how I spent "our first Valentine's Day" alone...
After running to Walgreens to pick up a few things (including a huge stack of construction paper), I used my oh-so-creative 2nd grade card making skills and hand made this cute card for Layne, using one of our engagement pictures. 

Here is the inside. For some reason, I couldn't find my markers, so I had to use crayons, which didn't want to write. Nothing too fancy, but cute just the same. Thank goodness I had so many glue sticks left over after making our wedding invitations. They came in handy when gluing those little hearts on the front of the card.
Here is the stack of goodies that will be waiting for Layne when he gets home. He Love Love Loves Reeses peanut butter cups, especially the ones in different shapes (hearts & eggs), so I got him a few of those and some other fun surprises that you will just have to wait and see after he opens them.
Not having work to keep me busy 8 hours out of the day has been hard because I don't really know what to do with myself with Layne gone. Luckily, I still have Lucky around and here is some of what we did...
"Drew" hearts in the untouched snow in both the front and backyard. In the backyard, Lucky couldn't resist and tried to help me...if you look closely at the right part of the bottom heart, you can see his tracks through it and leading out the top.
And just played outside lots. Here is Lucky and my shadow.I just recieved a text that they are finally on their way home. Layne said it was about 8 hours to Reno, so calculating 8 hours from now...he will be home at 1am-ish. :( Not my ideal time, but I am excited just the same and can't wait to see my hunny!

2 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day! I love the front of the card...very pretty. I like how creative you were. I spent my morning shopping with Laura and got the cutest pair of red wedges. I then spent my afternoon working on YW stuff for tomorrow. I'm about to head over to Laura's to watch the kiddos so she can go out with her honey. At least someone is getting action on Valentine's Day:) My turn will come. Have a GREAT day.
What a good wife. Layne sure is lucky to have you (we all are)!
Post a Comment