This is probably one of the sillier things that I will ever blog about, but I was really excited about it. I took Lucky to the vet around May-ish of 2008 for some shots and a check-up. The vet said that Lucky needed his teeth cleaned. They were getting a good buildup of tartar and it would be a good thing to get done soon to avoid future problems. Well, with moving to Cedar, a new job, new school, and a wedding to plan, taking a day off and driving down to St. George so Lucky could get his teeth cleaned was on the bottom of my list. So I waited. And waited. Until the week before President's Day. I called a vet that a co-worker uses and made an appointment and took him in for a pre-op exam. Everything went smoothly and the vet answered all my worried questions (mostly about anethesia). I made an appointment for President's Day and took Lucky in that morning. For those of you that know Lucky, know that he is a little attached to me. So leaving him in that weird smelling, unfamiliar place with people he didn't know made me feel so guilty! Not to mention his constant whining the minute we walked in the door to get him checked in that didn't ever stop until I walked out the door and was in the car. But it came with a happy result:

Shiny, clean, white teeth! Hooray!
Even his snaggle-tooth is nice and white :)
We had some transportation issues and I wasn't there to pick Lucky up, but Layne said he was so happy to see him that he peed a little on his shoes when he saw him (not sure from excitement, being drugged up still, or just really needed to go pee). So apparently I owe Layne a new pair of shoes. But everything went great-no reactions to anethesia, no extractions needed, everything is peachy-keen!

No comments:
Post a Comment