Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MARYLAND

...is hot and humid with lots of bugs...and furry critters that pop out to chill by the side of the road eating grass and whatever other goodies they can find...but its green, very green, and so far the people are nice. It is very close to bigger cities and there are lots of things to go do and see.

Layne is loving it all and his new job. It is definitely an adjustment for me. I am having issues being home all day long. I need to get a hobby. Or a job. I figure I'm entitled to a short break from the working world but I am running out of things to occupy myself with at home. And driving - oh my, I have no words. There are a million, bajillion people on the road ALL THE FREAKING time! Doesn't anyone work around here? ;-) After venting my dislike of driving last night, Layne tried to tell me that Frederick is the same as Cedar...so I asked him how? And he said there are the same amount of people here as in Cedar....Okay, well, minus the fact that all those people are squished into a much smaller area and everything is more bustling and crowded and CrAzY...Frederick is NOTHING like Cedar, my dear. But thanks for trying to make me feel better.

Sorry I have no pictures yet. I still have to find my camera cord.

Since arriving in Maryland, we have made 2 trips up North to Baldwinsville to visit the other side of the family. It was great both times. We took a trip to Palmyra, NY to see the sites and then of course, hit up the outlet mall close by. This last trip we took was to visit Layne's older brother and we did some shopping, visited the New York State Fair, more shopping... it was fun times. :) I am thankful to still have family nearby.

This weekend we are planning on a day trip to D.C. with my Auntie and her family. Hopefully the weather will hold up and be agreeable. Dealing with humidity on top of the heat is no fun at all for me (or anyone I am sure).

Anywho -- love you all and hope you're having a fabulous week! Hopefully I will have pictures going in the next week or two!

2 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Can't wait to see pics!

Jen said...

Thanks for the update, Crystal. I wondered how you guys were doing in Maryland. I'm looking forward to pictures and updates.