Layne and I decided to celebrate our anniversary early since we didn't know where we would be or what we would be doing when our anniversary did roll around, so we planned a trip to San Diego to sort of repeat our honeymoon, but we stayed in a different hotel this time and knew what we were getting ourselves into this time around. You would think I would have worn better walking shoes.
But they are so cute, I couldn't help myself
Our first stop in San Diego was, of course, the zoo!
I want one of these perfectly manicured elephant topiaries in our front yard (once we get a place that actually has a yard)
Layne next to the llamas -- this is one of the silly poses I get when I ask him to get in the picture.
Love the pandas, even though the majority of the time that we see them, they are sleeping.
Beautiful polar bear in sunny San Diego
I really do love elephants
MEERKATS! How could you not just adore them? Not gonna lie, I used to watch Meerkat Manor religiously before I got married and gave up cable.
Then we ventured over to the Wild Animal Park to see the sights
The bright pink flamingos weren't so bright, but that's because they were nesting (those mounds are flamingo nests with eggs in them!!)
BABY ELEPHANTS! There were two and they were SO TINY (as tiny as elephant babies can be- a couple of tons)
And on Safari -- you get to drive around and take pics and see the animals together in a faux wild environment.
Lastly, we headed off to Sea World.
Who knew that Sea World had a Cirque du Soliel show? We didn't. And it wasn't that amazing, but it was free and pretty funny.
The most expensive cookie I will ever buy but its in the shape of Shamu and when in Rome...
The Shamu Show. It was completely different than when we saw it the first time together during our honeymoon, but that was before the attack that happened, killing a trainer. Now the trainers are not allowed in the water with the whales at all.
On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...
Yeah, I could. I wanted to stay, but alas, work and school were calling our names, so we headed out bright and early. After passing through the California/Nevada border...this is what we saw: lines of cars for miles. And miles. And miles. We apparently were traveling the right direction and didn't run into any crazy traffic.

No comments:
Post a Comment