Monday, September 27, 2010

Goodbye - Hello

Its been so long that I sort of feel silly posting this, but since I had already started it (and its been sitting as a draft in my post queue) I figured why not? The pictures have already been places in the correct order...I just need to add some words and I am sure that you will figure out the rest, right?

We moved. To Maryland. And being this close to the coast, of course, they have sushi restaurants and bars up the whazoo here, but I still have yet to find a hibachi spot that tastes as delicious as our beloved Samurai 21 in St. George. Before leaving, we had to take one last trip down to visit family and eat at our fav restaurants. Here is what Layne ordered...his first and probably last time ordering this plate...too many raw pieces of fish...the rice and seaweed make it taste much better than he realized. :)
Even though we left at the beginning of August, when the weather in St. George is crazy hot, one of the golf courses in town was having a super cheap twilight rate (meaning:its hotter than you know what outside, but if you're crazy enough to go golfing, we will only charge you $15 for 18 holes). Layne was just that crazy. And we had gone to visit my golf-addicted grandfather earlier and invited him along. He was happy to oblige. I was the crazy wife sitting in the cart, sweating to death and carefully placing all body parts in the much needed shade everytime we stopped at the next hole to tee off (and in the desert that is known as St. George, there wasn't much shrubbery offering any valuable shade during that 110 degree golfing trip).

We painted Layne's Honda. It once was gold, but he had a slight accident with it a couple years ago involving the hood flying up while he was driving down the freeway to come visit me at work, requiring him to buy a new hood and windshield. The new windshield -- no biggie....but the new hood was black. Ghetto. I hated driving in that car and always opted to take mine everywhere when the chance presented itself. We decided that the 4-door car was a better option to fix up and save than the 2-door (since our future babies would be easier to get in and out of the backseat with the extra 2 doors). So far, I like. (now only if the stinking thing would run! Ugh! More to come on that)

This giant moving van showed up to our little place and all our belongings and household items only took up the first 1/4 part of the truck but it was pretty crazy.
Once in Maryland, we spent a few days in a hotel, playing Wii, with lots of napping, while apartment hunting.
Finally we found a place that would do the job until we found a house. We are still in the process of looking for one of those, but haven't seriously looked as Layne has had to convince me it would be a good idea.


Lucky is loving the balcony view. We are on the third floor and with the sliding glass door, allows him full view of everyone (and their dogs) throughout the day to watch and bark at.

It has been a big change, but we are adjusting and loving life over here. We have been to D.C. a few times and Baltimore's inner harbour (amazing) with many many trips to Syracuse, NY while the Burt Mama and Papa were up there. I will hopefully be posting more up-to-date and exciting news, but as previously stated, I already started this post and figured I would just post it anyways.

No comments: