Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finally!

We graduated! Layne and I have been going to school for forever! Seriously! I never ever thought that it would end, but it finally has and man, it feels so good!
My parentals
Layne's parentals
Everyone made it down and over to help us celebrate this great accomplishment in our lives and it was so wonderful to see everyone.

Shortly after graduation, Layne, my parents, and I flew to Petersburg, VA to visit my grandma. She had been diagnosed with throat cancer and her prognosis wasn't very good. She was going through chemo and radiation, but is such a small, fragile lady anyways that the meds and treatment were taking its toll on her body.

We flew out from Las Vegas and we walked the strip a little bit and ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe at the MGM Grand the night before our uber early flight.


I love my dad. He is silly. We had so much fun at the M&M Factory with him. He was loving the leather M&M jacket and the M&M racing car.

We stayed at the Excalibur and it wasn't that bad. It was our first time staying there and I would stay again if we were ever to return to Las Vegas.

HAHA! I am still laughing about this bumper sticker -- ironically enough, Layne is the one that pointed it out to me...

At the airport, Layne's morning staple is some of the mini cinnabons.
Don't they look delish!

So I didn't get any family pictures while we were there visiting my grandma and grandpa in Virginia, but my grandma told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures of her because she had lost her hair because of the treatment and didn't want to be remembered that way, so I didn't.

I did get some sunny pictures of Virginia Beach. Layne and I rented a car and made the trip out there on our own with no GPS. It was too crazy and we made it without getting seriously lost and found a pretty good parking spot, too.


Our lovely rental car -- I always make fun of these and then Layne pulled up in front of my grandparents' house in it and I couldn't believe it...I still don't like them.
And, I blame my addiction to this place on my dear father-in-law, but I love love Chik-fil-A. I don't know why. I seriously think they put crack in their chicken.
And buttermints -- not all Chik-fil-As have these beauties waiting for you to grab a handful of them at the door...but gosh darnit! They should!
My grandma has finally recovered and has been declared cancer free since we took the trip. (Hooray!!) I think she was giving up when we got there, but my dad convinced her that even though she wasn't hungry, she needed to eat, and even though she didn't like those big pills and they were hard to swallow, she needed to take them so that she could kick the cancer and start feeling better. She is on the mend now and hopefully now that we are living over here, we will be able to make a trip down to see her soon.

No comments: