I think the majority of the family knows now, so I figured I could finally put one of those cute counters on the good 'ole blog.... WE ARE FINALLY PREGNANT! Hooray! Our first try with our new dr. out here in MD seemed to do the trick and I am currently 11 weeks along today. I have been experiencing some awful morning sickness and exhaustion like no ones business, but thankfully I have a part time job that doesn't require me to work a bunch of hours or long shifts, so I can nap to my hearts content most days, which also seems to help pass the days when I am feeling really yucky. We had our first dr.'s appt last Thursday and although we didn't get an ultrasound (apparently they wait until 20weeks!!) we got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was amazing! It was 180 and strong, which helps calms my nerves that have been going crazy since we got that positive test the night before Halloween. So yay! Bring it on! We are so ready for this.
Sidenote: I wasn't sure how Layne would be through all of this since you hear dads don't really get excited until later or they see the baby for it to be real for them...but he has been SO CUTE! He was so stoked to go to the dr.'s appt and then afterwards he was so excited after hearing the heartbeat and DYING to call everyone right then and there to tell them the good news since I had made him wait until after our first appt to tell anyone (hence the 3 phones calls to A&J Thursday & Friday night). We went shopping at IKEA this past weekend and he bought "baby" its first stuffed animal...a hippo. :) Love him!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh yeah!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You'll be the sweetest mommy and I know you've waited long enough to not take any of it for granted. Enjoy your pregnancy. It will be gone before you know it.
Congrats!! I was so sick too. My doctor told me to take 1/2 of a unisom (yes, a sleeping pill) and a vitamin B6 morning and night and I felt tons better!! You've probably already learned a few tricks though. I hope you get feeling better really quick!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyy!!!! So happy for you guys!!! <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment