Well folks, there is definitely a baby in my belly. And a stubborn one at that. :o)
We had our first ultrasound yesterday and got to see our baby for the first time! It was really neat to actually see the whole baby instead of trying to always picture what it looks like. Its still early so we don't know what we are having yet, although Layne and I have wagered and I think its a girl and he thinks boy (of course). Secretly I am really hoping its a girl because I have been so sick and if its a boy, this will be our only child...haha. Just kidding. Maybe. We'll see how long it takes me to "forget" how fun morning sickness is.
Here is the whole baby in all its glory-- you can see the hand by its face and then it's little legs all bent with the feet at the bottom:
The ultrasound tech was trying to get some measurements of the neck tissue and the baby had to be slightly off the edge of my uterus, but wouldn't budge. It might have been nap time when we went in, but she would wiggle and jiggle and poke my belly, trying to get the baby to move and it would wiggle a tiny bit and then settle back into the original spot -- hence Layne thinking we've got ourselves a boy.And here is our baby waving :o) It's little hand was up by its face almost the whole time. It was really cute!
I think it had hit me that this is more real than before. I've been sick and exhausted and pee all the time, but hearing the heartbeat didn't quite convince me enough that there was a baby in there. But now, I'm more excited than ever. So is Layne. He's pretty cute about everything. So yay! :o)

6 comments:
Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you!! You're in my prayers!
so cute. How exciting!!!!
A friend of mine says that if you drink some orange juice, or if you don't have that, mountain dew and the little bug will wiggle like crazy!
Yea! Congratulations - I'm so excited for you! Hopefully the morning sickness stops bothering you soon.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and Layne.
Oh congrats!! So glad that everything happened so fast and you didn't have to go through all those crappy tests and hormones for too long. Congrats again, so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment