Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Update

Let's see -- where to begin -- since finding out I was pregnant, I have started making lists and lists of projects that I want to accomplish before she gets her. Below is a picture of Layne helping me complete the chenille blanket (you can find the tutorial here) that I made. I had been bent over that blanket, slicing and cutting the material for a good 45 minutes before he surprised me, home from work early, and offered to take over for a bit (my back totally was killing me).
The finished product! I LOVE how it turned out!
Thanks to the photo skills of my better half, he got a pretty good close-up of what the snuggly flannel side looks like. I am attempting to make all the bedding for this little girl's room, considering I don't want to pay $100+ on something with butterflies, flowers, or forrest animals on it, plus the stupid sets only come with like a play blanket, 1 sheet, a bumper, and crib skirt (if you're lucky). So outrageous! Plus, I wasn't falling in love with anything and didn't feel the need that I HAD to have it, ya know? So I went out on a limb, found some DIY tutorials online and now have ventured into making the whole set myself with Melissa Averinos fabric.

Here is a shot of one of the fitted crib sheets I made. I had to tweak some measurements from the tutorials as our mattress wasn't as big as theirs, but it fits like a glove and I can't wait to lay our baby girl down on it! I am currently working on the crib skirt and bumper...ack! I will let you know later how that goes... Obviously since little Baby B isn't here yet, ultrasound pics are all that you get until she makes her debut in a few months. Wow. A few months? Really? I can't believe that we are almost there!
19 weeks along -- I LOVE her little nose and lips in this picture^^
25weeks -- she is getting a little more smooshed now

At this appointment the dr. said that she is measuring a smidge on the big side...she weighed 1lb 14oz at this visit (only 6 months along!)...that's right...this mama's carryin' a chub-a-lub. Chubby babies are definitely cuter than the skinny babies though in my opinion..with the rolls and their little cheekies! Ah! I can't wait! Since Layne and I were both little chubs at birth, I am guessing this little one will be no different (just hopefully she will take after mommy and be in the 8 range and not daddy who was in the almost 10 range).

And of course, I added some belly pics. I feel huge. There are about 3 other pregnant ladies in my ward and they are all due soon (as in like weeks before delivery) and I feel like we are the same size!
21 weeks
22 weeks
24 weeks
26 weeks (I was singing a little song in my head while I took this picture...some of you might know it...it was sung by little Michelle on Full House for like an entire episode...something about a little white whale...in the deep blue sea...swims so wild and he swims so free ;))

Haha. I am feeling MUCH better than the first trimester/early second trimester. It took longer for that darn morning sickness to go away than I was expecting but I know that it will be worth it in the end. Now I get to deal with backaches, heartburn, and the constant need to pee. But feeling her little kicks and wiggles and squirmy movements makes it completely bearable. Even knowing everything that I know now, I would TOTALLY do this over again. Can't wait til July!!

5 comments:

Kyle & Erin Heuett said...

So cute, you and the baby stuff you are making. Love all the pics! Looks like you guys have gotten to visit a lot of places so far! I am jealous;-)

Jen said...

Holy blog updates, Batman! Welcome back!

That blanket looks oh so snuggly. Can't wait to see the bedding when it's all finished. Good luck (not that you need it)!

You are such a cute AND crafty mama -- baby Burt is one lucky little lady.

THE DENVER BURTS said...

CUTE blanket! I'm sure this little one will be oh so happy!!

Blake + Jess. said...

you are adorable! i'm so excited for you both (:

Jen said...

I'm so impressed by your sewing abilities! Everything looks beautiful, including you and the baby. I can't wait to see photos when she gets here.