Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New York State Fair 2010

I LOVE state fairs. I used to go to the one in Montana every summer! Sometimes more than once, depending on how much money I had saved.

The animals are always my fav and since we got there early, they were the only exhibits really open to begin with, so we walked around and found some crazy looking creatures...

Cutest fluffy bunny!
I was surprised how cute I thought those little piggies were. The full-grown ones freak me out, but the little babes were just so tiny and adorable! I wanted to reach out and touch one (but there were signs all around about not touching the piglets because of germs)
Crazy looking pigeon
These poor little chickens had been dyed different colors...they were sure fun to look at :)
Layne's photography handiwork--he has a thing for goats. I think if we ever get a house with some land, a goat (or two) will surely follow... (and makes me giggle because of story a friend told me about how her family had a goat that they named after her mom and one day it was on the roof and the neighbors heard the yelling and thought her mom was on the roof)
Jeff, laughing at the llama poster
Fried Fair food---yum! Can't get enough of it! Come to think of it, I probably should've ate more while I was there. It only comes around once a year!
After getting some grub, we settled in to watch the horse and buggy competition. Pretty crazy stuff they get those horses to do and they are all glammed up with braided manes and tails and bells and ribbons. I had never seen anything like this before and it was fun to watch :-)
A sand statue of the Beatles
I always hum/sing this song randomly and loved that they had a little submarine statue made of sand, too!

No comments: