Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival 2011

B-E-A-UTIFUL! That's all I can say about this. I am so glad that we took the opportunity to go and see the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. I read about it last year while preparing for our trip out to visit my grandma in Virginia and wanted to go then, but the timing was off and it was already over when we went to VA.
The flowers grow in these clusters of light pink/white blossoms and they are EVERYWHERE!



Ugh. Nevermind the fact that I look like a cow -- I would like a memo from Mother Nature explaining to me why it is necessary that I also gain weight in my face when the baby is in my belly. Really, is it required? Maybe I need to lay off the desserts... :) Or not.

Layne with his sweet sunglasses standing in front of the blossoms (he's secretly thinking "This blossoms are sweet, but where are the cherries?)
While in D.C., we also walked to loop and saw the Lincoln, Washington, and Jefferson memorials.
The Washington Monument
The Lincoln Memorial



The Thomas Jefferson Memorial (across the Potomac River)


The WWII Memorial


Montana! I am pretty positive that my parents have a picture of dad standing in this same spot when they went to D.C. a few years ago.

There is so much to do and see there that I am glad we got some of it out of the way. Now we just need to go every weekend until we move and maybe, just maybe, we will see half of what D.C. has to offer.

1 comment:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

LOVE the pictures! LOVE THEM!