We have an official moving date from the moving company and Layne is scheduled to be in the King of Prussia office Monday. We traveled up to Pennsylvania a couple weekends ago and have a place all set up to move into. We (mostly I) have lists and lists of things to do before moving, one of them being finding a new home for our beloved kitties. We have had them since they were born and I have loved them like they were really my babies. Fur babies, that is. Knowing that we are probably destined for a few more years in an apartment, we thought our kitties needed more space and with a new baby coming, knew they wouldn't be getting the attention they want/need which could cause behavior problems down the road. Rather than deal with all of that, I started listing them on Craigslist every couple of days. I got some crazy responses and people I just couldn't imagine taking my babies. Finally, we got a response this past Sunday from a lady who would be "in town" that day and if she could come and get them. I had Layne call her and after the phone call, he said she must live on a farm because he could've sworn he heard a goat in the background. She showed up and sure enough, they have a big two-story house with some land and some dairy goats and chickens a little ways out of town. They also have a couple of kiddos. Our kitties were so scared when she got here and it was hard getting them into their carriers to leave with her, but I know that it is better for them and hopefully they have a better life than being stuck in a small apartment, only able to sit on the balcony and watch the birds out the windows. So it makes me sad that they are gone and swear I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye at least once a day, but know that its better for them (and us) that they are with a new family, who I am sure will love them to pieces as we have.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Bittersweet
We have an official moving date from the moving company and Layne is scheduled to be in the King of Prussia office Monday. We traveled up to Pennsylvania a couple weekends ago and have a place all set up to move into. We (mostly I) have lists and lists of things to do before moving, one of them being finding a new home for our beloved kitties. We have had them since they were born and I have loved them like they were really my babies. Fur babies, that is. Knowing that we are probably destined for a few more years in an apartment, we thought our kitties needed more space and with a new baby coming, knew they wouldn't be getting the attention they want/need which could cause behavior problems down the road. Rather than deal with all of that, I started listing them on Craigslist every couple of days. I got some crazy responses and people I just couldn't imagine taking my babies. Finally, we got a response this past Sunday from a lady who would be "in town" that day and if she could come and get them. I had Layne call her and after the phone call, he said she must live on a farm because he could've sworn he heard a goat in the background. She showed up and sure enough, they have a big two-story house with some land and some dairy goats and chickens a little ways out of town. They also have a couple of kiddos. Our kitties were so scared when she got here and it was hard getting them into their carriers to leave with her, but I know that it is better for them and hopefully they have a better life than being stuck in a small apartment, only able to sit on the balcony and watch the birds out the windows. So it makes me sad that they are gone and swear I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye at least once a day, but know that its better for them (and us) that they are with a new family, who I am sure will love them to pieces as we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you found the perfect new home for them!
I'm sure that was a sad day...at least you'll have a sweet new little baby girl to snuggle and cuddle very soon (Two months!).
Post a Comment