Friday, June 15, 2012

6 months

Six months have passed since my last post. Has it really been that long? I have a few friends & family members who have mentioned I need a blog update. I try not to post too much of Lucy on FB & a few of the blogging friends aren't on Facebook, so I suppose I do owe everyone an update. Let's see...where to begin?

Lucy has an extreme talent for turning her head at the exact moment you take a picture so most of my pictures of her involve a blurry face or the side/back of her head. Using my camera phone doesn't help since it has their weird delay anyway.

She's 11month old already & quickly approaching one! I feel like I need to get on the ball with planning her big bash, but I'm thinking a more low-key shindig would suffice. I get all those magazines that show extravagant pics of one-year-old parties & it makes me want to go all out but it sounds exhausting & expensive & she isn't going to remember it anyway, right? I'm thinking a bbq with some of her buds & some girly cupcakes will do the trick nicely. I'll be sure to post that later.

She's got quite the personality & she really is a great baby. She's always content, plays well by herself but if there are other kids around they better watch out. Just ask her cousin Nora.

We made a trip out to St. George over Memorial day weekend for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party & were able to meet up with a lot of our family (mostly my side). When we hung out with our niece & nephew, Lucy couldn't crawl fast enough to get to them & try to pull herself up on them & get herself involved in whatever they were doing. Poor Porter was trying to conquer Angry Birds on the iPad & Lucy would stand next to his chair & just rub her hand over the screen, knowing there was smething exciting going on up there. And poor Nora- I'm pretty sure Lucy is almost as big as she is & Lucy was trying to crawl all over her.

The 5hr plane ride there & back didn't seem to phase her either. She loves to people watch so when sh got bored with toys, she'd find some stranger to smile & wave to her & all was well. Copious amount of finger foods also helped. Our Bishop just asked me the other day if she has a healthy appetite (has he seen her? Just kidding...but she's obviously not starving). I laughed & said that our ped has always told us babies will let you know when they are full- they haven't learned to ignore their shut-off valve like adults. I told him I think Lucy has because she will eat as long as you keep giving her food. I guess that only pertains to certain foods though. I take it she's full when she starts tossing food off her tray & watches for Lucky to snatch it.

She has 4 teeth with 2 more on top working their way out.
She loves to crawl & she's quick at it.
She will walk along furniture or stand up withou holding onto something, but only until she wants to go somewhere. Then she drops down to quickly crawl.
She has take over Lucky's bed & will pull his blankets out & sit in it with her toys around her. Its kinda funny, but then I feel bad for Lucky when I see him staring longingly at his bed from across the room.
I finally painted her toenails before our little vacay to Utah. It was tricky, but they looked pretty cute in her sandals afterwards & was totally worth the trouble.

And now for some pics! I wish I could add captions to each, but I'm posting from my phone...so I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. :-) (& sorry if some are sideways...I don't know how to rotate them from my phone either...)







1 comment:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

LOVE the pic! So cute! :)