A few of the ladies in our ward have youngins not in school (although school is almost out here, so that won't matter for long) so they meet at a park every Friday so the kiddos can play & the mamas can chat. I went for the first time this morning with my 2 favorite gal pals (& Lucy's best buds) & it was so much fun!! Lucy still takes a morning nap & if she doesn't get one, she's pretty ornery for the rest of the day, despite the length of her afternoon nap, which is why I haven't ventured to this playgroup before. But we will for sure be doing it again, especially with Layne's new awful work schedule. Six 10-hr shifts a week is torture for both Lucy & me. We miss our daddy. But getting out & visiting with friends sure does help the time pass more quickly.
I only got two pics with my phone of this mornings adventure. Most of the littles played in the sand volleyball court with shovels, including Lucy. She had never been in or around sand, so I was nervous. Mostly I didn't want her eating it. And I was worried about her getting it in her eyes and then rubbing into her eyes more when it hurt. Ack! But thankfully, no eating of the sand or eye mishaps occured. She was unsure a first when I sat her in it, but once she got the feel for it, she took off. She was in heaven!! Being able to crawl "forever," no walls or babygates to stop her, she went all the way to the opposite corner of the other court, not looking back once to find me. It made me a little sad because I watched her the entire time, waiting expectantly for her to "check in." Maybe she's just too smart & knows she has a crazy mom who would be around somewhere. Plus, as evidence of the picture below, those kids were much more fun to play with than me or her buddy Isaac who was eating sand.
Either way, it was a really fun morning with lots of other kids to play with.

1 comment:
Ah the playdate... a trick in multi-tasking, I find. Trying to carry on conversation while making sure your kid does NOT eat the sand. :)
Post a Comment