Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy New Year

Maybe one day during this New Year we will break down & get internet but for now, our phones will have to do & since I've been Jonesin' to blog about our sweet girl, a phone-post will have to do for now.

We had a great Christmas & were able to see both sides of our families, making a trip to Utah first & then to Montana. Let's just say I could go a couple years without flying & be happy (granted everyone else would have to fly to see us...I don't think I could go that long without seeing our families). We flew 3 times in 10 days. Lucy & I survived the flights home without our daddy but it was pretty stressfl alone & I would much rather have his help the next time we fly anywhere.

Lucy had her 6month appointment yesterday & our little lady has definitely slowed her growth, but is "proportional" & overall "just a big kid," according to our ped, Dr. H. We love him! I am so grateful we were pointed in his direction when we moved here. I don't know if I have posted all of Lucy's stats (not that any of you really care) but its amazing to me how big she has gotten as fast as she has.

*1 month*
Weight: 10lbs 8oz
Length: 22.5in

*2 month*
Weight: 13lbs
Length: 24in

*4 month*
Weight: 17lbs 2oz
Length: 27in

*6 month*
Weight: 19lb 11oz
Length: 27.5in (I think he didn't measure correctly..its hard for me to believe that although her growth has slowed, she's only grown .5" in the past 2 months)

Babies are amazing! Miss Lucy is sitting on her own for the most part & stays that way unless there is a toy out of her reach or she gets tired & flops backward. We started solids a month ago & I surprisingly enjoy making her food, although I am starting to enjoy cloth diapering less now. Its more of a chore now that she has started solids. Before I could just toss in the wash. Now I have to scrape the you-know-what in the toilet after diaper changes. Its gross. Like, really gross. I think about quitting almost every time, but then I imagine spending money on diapers every other week (or whenever) & how much money I have spend on our cloth thus far & I just keep scraping.

Layne's job is going well & we will be here for at least 11 more months, if not longer. I am hoping for longer. We have made friends & I really do love our ward here. Plus, I love my Ob & Lucy's Ped & can't imagine ever finding anyone that compares when the day comes that we have to move again.

Let's see...I got a haircut & lost 5lbs during the holidays (not sure how that happened). Other than that, I'm just the same 'ole me.

Hope everyone enjoyed this past holiday season!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pics! Thanks for the update!

Jen said...

Those are great pictures! Glad to hear that you guys are doing so well.

Emma said...

They make sprayers that attach to the water line for your toilet that you can use to clean the cloth diaper out. My friend uses one and says without it she would give up too haha