During the latest trip to Atlanta to visit the inlaws, we were able to make a trip to the Cabbage Patch Hospital aka "Babyland General" in Cleveland, GA. I, myself, have never been a fan of the cabbage patch dolls and have never even owned one, but that might have to change because the man I married owns 5 of his own! Pretty funny -- we even got to bring them home with us after Layne's brother Jeff found them in the basement, tucked away nicely in a box, waiting for Daddy Layne to reclaim them.
The side entrance
The Lobby with the older collections of dolls worth thousands of dollars
The NICU -- this part made me giggle -- they thought of everything. The dolls in the little incubators were SO LITTLE!
We actually got to witness a baby being born! The nurse is giving Mama Cabbage some "imagicillin" to help with the pain.
After she pulls the baby out of the cabbage patch, she makes sure she gets a little cry out of him (this doll happened to be a boy)
And she wrapped him up all nice and cozy to be delivered to his new mom (a little girl whose birthday it happened to be)
Layne says that when we bring baby back, this is the doll that he will "encourage" them to get (I don't know what it is about the crazy haired dolls that he just can't get enough of), despite it's $300 price tag. He says that it would be worth it. I never knew my husband's love of dolls until this last trip. And I had to include a preggie pic of me holding our baby's new babies :-)





2 comments:
I had no idea this was a real place. You look freaking adorable!
Cute stuff! Someday all three of us will be taking our little princess' to the Cabbage Patch Hospital ;)!
Post a Comment