Saturday, May 9, 2009

Relay for Life

One of my co-workers, Erin, was asked to put a team together for Relay for Life. I signed up because I have never done it before and thought it would be fun. Only 2 other people from our office signed up to be on our team though, so both of our husbands were also roped into participating. Who knew that walking around a track could be so fun? And it was. Until about 2 am when the temperature dropped, as it tends to do at night in the middle of April in Cedar City. And I froze. Literally, I thought my toes were going to fall off and I was going to get hypothermia. I chickened out at the end and walked my last 1/2 hour and went home to warm up. I crawled into my comfy bed, next to my uber warm hubby and I was in heaven, although I am sure he thought my cold feet on his skin was torture.Layne and Kyle (Erin's hubby) trying to make a wind blocking wall out of a tarp. But alas, the wind was too strong and later tore the wall down.
The crew from the Controller's Office at SUU: L-R Ed Z, Lori W, me, and Erin

No comments: