Thursday, August 8, 2013

Snippity-snip!

I chopped off all of my hair! The humidity does not agree with it or rather the lack of effort I put into doing my hair lately. Having two littles definitely makes prettifying myself a little harder when one doesn't sleep much, then wakes up at the crack of dawn, goes back down for a nap right as his sister is getting up for the day and she barely naps in the afternoon. Oy! I tell you the lack of sleep is KILLING me. We had a good thing going before we moved but spending 6 nights together in a hotel room when mom coddles you because she doesn't want you crying and waking your sister up really does a number on a babe. So right now he's on a wake-up-every-2ish-hours streak and I'm ready for it to be over.  

Back to my hair...so I've been wanting to cut it since before I had Finn. He's 7 months old. I think I waited long enough. I just hate finding a stylist that I get along with that does exactly what I want and is helpful because someone like me doesn't know what looks good for my face shape or what style will work with my texture of hair. I need a professional to tell me. And boy oh boy did I find a keeper today! Her name is Stephanie and she is AmAzInG! I'm in stylist love! Seriously. She did such a great job and I went in knowing I wanted a change but didn't know exactly what. And she did to my hair what even I didn't know I wanted and I am freaking loving it! I haven't had to style it myself just yet, but with the length I can already tell it is going to take considerably less time getting it together and looking somewhat cute for my handsome hubster.

So are you ready for pics?

BEFORES:
This beauty was taken after our aquarium visit - I usually just shower and then throw it into some kind of bun because its hot and humid and blow-drying my hair for 10+ minutes makes me want to pass out...and its annoying when I walk outside and it frizzes out like nobody's business.
 The length - SUPER long. If I had more time I could do all kinds of fun things. But I don't.


AFTERS:
So off it went!
Don't mind this selfie and the major eye-bags and pasty skin. Did I mention I haven't been sleeping? Focus on the new do. What do you think?
 The back - SUPER crazy short. Somewhat A-line bob. And I love it!
It is amazing what a new hair do can do for your self esteem and how it can make you feel like a million bucks (at least me, anyways)! I was struttin' my stuff all the way out of the mall, through the parking lot, into the minivan and during the entire 8 minute drive home. :-)


P.S. I love these two. Finn will just hang out with Dad and smile and touch his face. Layne will make funny faces and noises and Finn will just talk and laugh back. Its so cute! Our lil Finn is too sweet.

4 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Love it. Love the hair, the kids, the family, love it. :)

The Rawlings Duo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacy said...

Just got caught up.. again. LOVE your hair! I can't believe how long it got; I haven't seen you for far too long.

Kyle & Erin Heuett said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. It is fun to hear from you and I think you should post more too;-) Your little family is so cute. How is it with 2 kids? I am a little nervous.