We have been living in the Drury Inn since we arrived here last Thursday night. Thankfully we got a 2 room suite with a separate bedroom so that the kids can be put down and we can still watch t.v. and talk without waking them. We didnt' have enough time between Layne accepting the job offer and moving here to go house hunting in between so that was the first thing we did Friday and Saturday. We found a small 2 bedroom apartment that will work because its nice and cheap and we're hoping we can buy a house next year. It will be rough because it is small and both kids will be sharing a room this go around. Up until now Finn has been sleeping in our room with us. Hopefully he becomes a better sleeper. Quick. Or Lucy gets used to his crying and sleeps through him.
Now that we have a place to live we were able to explore a little bit today and we went to the Deanna Rose Farmstead. Its got goats that you can feed, cows, fishing, pedal tractor racing, hayrides, a play ground and its free! I have a few pics and a funny video of Lucy. She really liked the mommy cow until she turned to look at Lucy and got a little too close for comfort. I crack up every single time I watch it. Every. Single. Time.
So...I'm sure I've missed a lot of details but that's the gist of it for now. I'm uber sleep deprived and can't wait to be out of this hotel. Hope you enjoy the pics!
Come visit and we'll take you, too!
P.S. We will be living just on the other side of the Kansas/Missouri border, but heard from numerous people that the area is better than Kansas City and when the time comes, the schools are MUCH better so Layne will be working in Missouri, but our address is in Kansas. So. Wierd. Never ever ever in a million years did I think I would ever call Kansas home.

1 comment:
I love reading your posts and I have been the same as far as not posting much :) So glad you guys finally made it and you are settling in. I hope you find some wonderful friends there and make lots of memories.
Post a Comment