Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Where to Begin?

In a week it will be 2 years since we moved to Pennsylvania. We like it for the most part but would love to move closer to family soon, especially with 2 kiddos. It doesn't sound like Layne's job will be slowing down anytime soon so it looks like we will be here for at least another year or even two.

Lucy will be 2 in July but everyone that meets her thinks she is almost 3. She has the sweetest personality and super duper friendly. Until a stranger tries to get too close, then she goes all quiet and nervously clings to mom or dad. She can talk up a storm and also tries to mimic every word you say. She also makes up some funnies. I call her owies an "owie" or "a boo-boo." She combined the two and calls them her "boobies." Its pretty funny. And embaressing when out and about when your child starts saying "boobie hurt?" Haha. Speaking of hurt boo-boos, Lucy broke her arm about a week ago. During a playdate with our besties, Lucy climbed onto one of the toys and was about a foot off the ground when her friend came up and pushed her backwards. She turned and fell sideways, but caught herself wrong and broke both bones in her right forearm. Good thing our little lady is a lefty. After a week in a splint she got her cast put on yesterday and was such a little champ. She was smiling, sweet, and friendly to all the drs and nurses that came to see/treat her. The nurse putting on her cast said she needed to come talk to all the other kiddos and tell them how to behave. Thank goodness littles heal quickly and the doc said she only needs to wear her cast for 2 weeks.

Finn is getting to be a little chubby baby like his sister was, but not quite as chunky. At his 4 month well-baby, he weighed 17lbs and 26.5inches long. He is so different than Lucy. He smiles all the time. He coos and talks quite a bit more, too. Lucy would but when you were talking to her. He will talk for 10min in his carseat on the way to the store. He doesn't sleep. Ever. Well, he does but only when being held by yours truly and rocked/bounced. We finally invested in a swing so I could have some relief and "free time" to play with Lucy, clean up, eat. Its been nice. But slowly his nighttime sleep hs gotten worse and I am worried that its because of the naps in the swing. My pediatrician recommended I read "Solve Your child's Sleep Problems" so I bought it, but its long and everytime that Finn is sleeping and I have the chance to sleep, I'd rather do that than read. Maybe one day we'll figure it out.

Anywho, hopefully I can be a bit better at blogging, even if its just a few snapshots of what we're up to. We're getting internet soon so then you can have more than just phone pics.






2 comments:

Jordan & Rhonda said...

You guys should move here and then we can hang out :) I can't believe how big both your kiddos are! Lucy's age is so fun. I love how her she calls her owies "boobies" haha Poor girl and her little arm. I would have been freaking out! I don't know if I could have handled that.
Oh girl you have to figure out this sleeping thing with Finn! It is horrible to not get any sleep. I am big on sleep training so if you ever need any thoughts let me know. Every baby is different though and it does take a lot of consistency and tears.

so glad to see that all is well with you guys!

Kyle & Erin Heuett said...

Haha boobies! That is so funny. Glad to see you blog again. It is fun to hear and see you and your two cute kiddos. Sorry about Lucy's arm. Cannon broke his arm too back in March. It is sad to see them go through that, but it doesn't seem to slow them down at all.