Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh Baby!

A month has already passed & I am just now getting round to posting this. Better late than never, right? :o) Finn Jeffrey was born 12/21/12 weighing in at 8lbs 13oz (1oz less than his big sister did) & measuring 20in even. Lucy was 21 & 3/4in at birth. I had heard that boys were bigger than girls but that was not the case with our family, but I'm sure he'll make up for it now that he's out in the real world. With how big I was, I was shocked he wasn't bigger.

He's eating great & has thankfully shortened his eating time down from an hour to only 30 minutes. For a while I was tempted to just pump & give him bottles since it took half the time than it did for him to nurse.

He slept really well the first 3 weeks while we had help & I could nap whenever. The Burt parentals were here for the 1st week & helped with Lucy while we were in the hospital. My mom came out for 2 weeks after the Burts left & was also a great help. Layne was able to take 2 full weeks off & spend time with us at home & with Lucy. After 7 months of working overtime & hardly seeing him, Lucy got her dad almost all to herself for 2 whole weeks. She loved it & still asks for daddy every morning.

Now that we've survived a whole week alone, I can say that having two kids is crazy. Maybe because it takes quite a bit of work to get Finn to sleep & then keeping him asleep is tricky. With a loving big sister, who can't keep her hands off him, he's lucky he still has both eyes. Lucy loves to pet his head (with all that hair, who wouldn't?), & kiss his cheeks & "hold" him while shushing & bouncing. Its really sweet. But when he's sleeping, its frustrating. He's pretty good at sleeping through the tantrum screams.

Speaking of which...I should go before she starts one.

Love you all! Hope you enjoy the pics. Sorry I don't have more. We still don't have internet at home.







2 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats! He looks so sweet and I love his name. Best wishes with 2 cuties to keep you busy. :)

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh , he is such a handsome little guy! Congrats again. I was laughing reading about how Lucy can't keep her hands off him because I was just thinking Eleanor is going to be the same way. Lucy is just a loving little girl:) I hope you really get into the groove of things soon. Once that happens then life gets a little easier.