Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#1

Layne and I celebrated our one-year anniversary in August and decided to go away to Vegas for the weekend. When you live in Cedar, you really do sometimes need to just go away or else you'll go crazy...at least, I do anyways.

Because we took this trip during the time with no digi camera, we were forced to work the stone-age disposable camera and it was tough. I have to tell you we didn't get too many good pics because the flash wasn't on or we were pointing too high and cut off our heads or just goofy stuff like that where having a digital camera, you can delete and retake. AND...because we were using the "old" camera, I was too embarrassed to ever ask anyone to take a pic of us together, so they are all "self portrait pics" that we took ourselves.

The one year old wedding cake that didn't taste all that bad, but was definitely much too much cake for two people to safely eat (and no flash...sorry)

Me in our hotel room right before going to Layne's co-worker's rock concert--it was lots of fun

Us at the top of the stratosphere

It was a really fun trip. We also went out to eat at my fav, the Cheesecake Factory, and then went to see Zumanity at New York New York. Of course, being all dolled up, it was the one night that I completely forgot my camera and with Las Vegas strip traffic, there was no way we could just run back to the hotel and get it. Oh well! There is always next year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey darlin, cute pics. I haven't looked at your blog in a while cuz I didn't know if you had had the time to put up anything new. I look forward to seeing a new blog after the holidays with pictures of all your fun times.
Love ya,
Mom